Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Maserati Software?

2602 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2017-07-01 17:40:31

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    VAENG
    2017-06-24 00:39:12
    The US website doesn't make clear whether if the Maserati software is part of the software collection on the standard 906 model. The UK Autel website indicates it is included; however, posts on this blog seems to indicate that the Maserati software is only on the 906BT model.  Can someone clarify?

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    VAENG
    2017-06-24 17:33:43
    USPS delivered a 906 standard model today. Contrary to customer support replies on this blog and the US website software availability for the standard 906 model, Maserati, as well as Bentley (also referenced by customer support as not on the 906), is included. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-06-26 15:44:22 (Reply to:VAENG)

I think it may come with some older car coverage the DS708  had for Maserati and bentley but don't know if will receive further updates or when you do a system update , it might even disappear like the TPMS capability did on a Maxi Check. Please keep us posted software version levels Maserati and Bentley are at out of box and what models and year cars , and let us know  what happens when you check for updates  .I would actually like to see a comparison on a you tube video showing that a standard corded MS906   at the same software version level as a MS 906 BT or MS905 mini actually  lacks identical coding abilities.

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    VENG

2017-06-28 21:14:14 (Reply to:witsend)

I purchased the DS708 a few years ago thinking it had Maserati software from the various screenshots in the advertising.  It was subsequently removed from the system because the software never worked. I don't repair vehicles for a profession and I have these units to do repairs myself.

I can confirm that both MS 906 and 906 BT have the Maserati software, it updated to version 2.70, and it works. 

Today I used it to reset my service reminder indicator on my 2005 Quattroporte.  The MS 906 also scanned a number of systems on the vehicle and returned accurate fault codes that I had fixed over the years.  I was also able to clear the codes without any issues.  I didn't check all of the live data options; however, the ones I did, returned values consistent with what I expected.

Overall this doesn't have the capabilities of a SD3 or Leonardo system, which costs tens of thousands of dollars. However, at this price point, the machine is great for the home mechanic because it's the only unit that can read the vehicle within a reasonable price range. Likewise, I'm sure it's great for a mechanic who occasionally will work on a Maserati in their shop. 

I've not used it on a Bentley yet. However, I don't anticipate any issues because the MaxiDAS 708 software worked and for the most part it's a VW based system.  On Aston Martin it only has coverage starting with the DB9. I've been able to use the Jaguar software hit and miss to diagnose my DB7.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-07-01 17:40:31 (Reply to:VENG )

For someone that owns exotic cars why did you take a chance buying the basic MS906 instead of the MS 906 BT that they say offers more advanced coding abilities.  I have requested multiple times to be able to see conclusive  video comparison between the 2 platforms of the special functions between the 2 platforms where the list of available special functions is indeed shorter on the basic corded model 906 or DS808 versus  the MS906 BT , MS905 Mini, and MS908.
      They used to claim the  DS708 can do about 90-95% of the factory tools then after Maxi Sys came out they come out they list the coding abilities as minimal and now  it is a good entry level scanner for an Quick Lube, LOL . Are they more or less just Blowing Smoke up our @sses here just  to pay more money thinking we will get more functionality  or are they actually going to the trouble of intentionally dumbing down and removing some former functionality of the Former Flagship DS708 on the price point DS808 and corded MS906 ?
  Total1 Pages